Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spring Breakup and Yodeling

The snow has melted, except for a couple of patches of snow. With the warmer weather, I'm finding the dogs laying on the deck or in the yard. I sometimes find them rolling around on the dead grass, which is a little gross since there's a fine layer of dirt and dried poop.

Each day I walk around the house looking for new pops of green. I like to see which flowers are growing back. I'm seeing the green of delphiniums, sweet william, poppies, tulips and iris, and a little color from my scyllas. In my backyard, I planted some flowers last year so I'm excited to see what's growing . . . and so is Kobe. I planted a hosta in my backyard and I see that Kobe has already yanked it out of the ground. I'll have to replant it. In the future, I'll have to keep Kobe in the house when I garden in the backyard.

I also pulled out some of my pots. I can see the container that I grow mints in has some new growth. I can smell the strong scent of mint on the twiggy old growth. I'm in a growing frenzy so I've started some terrariums.

The following is a video of the dogs playing in the yard. For awhile I thought it was Sage that was making all the noise, but Kobe is a little yodeler.

No comments:

Post a Comment